Faculty Resource Links
UNC-Chapel Hill Faculty Handbook
A majority the content about faculty resources available at UNC-Chapel Hill has now (as of 2014) been migrated to our new Faculty Handbook site, a portal to a comprehensive array of faculty policies and resources.
- American Association of University Professors
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
“An independent policy and research center with a primary mission ‘to do and perform all things necessary to encourage, uphold, and dignify the profession of the teacher and the cause of higher education.'”
- Campus Copyright – Rights and Responsibilities – A Basic Guide to Policy Considerations [pdf]
A very helpful document produced by representatives of the Association of American Universities, the Association of Research Libraries, the Association of American University Presses, and the Association of American Publishers.
Consortium of higher ed institutions that facilitates the introduction, use, and access to and management of information resources in teaching, learning, scholarship, and research.
- MIT OpenCourseware
“A free and open educational resource (OER) for educators, students, and self-learners around the world.”
A publication of MIT course materials.
- National Teaching and Learning Forum (NTLF)
Subscription-based newsletter about teaching.
- The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
Developed by the Association of Research Libraries, SPARC is an international alliance of academic and research libraries working to correct imbalances in the scholarly publishing system by stimulating the emergence of new scholarly communication models that expand the dissemination of scholarly research and reduce financial pressures on libraries. The SPARC web page includes an extensive section of resources for authors, which helps scholars understand ways to retain more of the rights to their journal publications.
- Tomorrow’s Professor Mailing List
“Desk-top Faculty Development, One Hundred Times a Year”
Sponsored by by the Stanford Center for Teaching and Learning as part of a partnership between the American Association for Higher Education, the National Teaching and Learning Forum, and the Stanford Center for Innovations in Learning.
- World Lecture Hall
Contains links to pages created by faculty worldwide who are using the Web to deliver class materials.
Faculty Governance-Related Sites
At Other UNC System Campuses
- Appalachian State University, Faculty Senate
- East Carolina University, Faculty Senate
- Elizabeth City State University, Staff Senate
- Fayetteville State University, Faculty Senate
- North Carolina A & T University, Staff Senate
- North Carolina Central University, Faculty Senate
- North Carolina State University, Faculty Senate
- UNC-Asheville, Faculty Senate
- UNC-Charlotte, Faculty Governance
- UNC-Greensboro, Faculty Senate
- UNC-Pembroke, Faculty Senate
- UNC-Wilmington, Faculty Senate
- Western Carolina University, Faculty Senate
- Winston Salem State University, Faculty Senate
At Some of Our Peer Institutions
[You can see a complete list of our Board of Governors-approved peer institutions at the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment here
- Duke University, Academic Council
- University of California-Berkeley, Academic Senate
- University of California-Los Angeles, Academic Senate
- University of Florida, Faculty Senate
- University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, Academic Senate
- University of Maryland, Faculty Senate
- University of Pennsylvania, Faculty Senate
- University of Pittsburgh, University Senate
- University of Southern California, Academic Senate
- University of Texas-Austin, Faculty Council
- University of Virginia, General Faculty Council
- University of Washington-Seattle, Secretary of the Faculty
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Academic Staff Governace
News & Information
North Carolina Government Resources